Join our team
Business Development Manager
Posted: 1st February, 2021
Business Development Manager within Red Route Agency
RedRoute is a customer-focused Digital Agency based in Sheffield providing digital marketing, branding and web design & development services to our growing UK-wide client base.
What drives our thinking
Creating online experiences that influence and engage.
“The old truth about the customer being king has never been more relevant, nor has their power to influence brands been greater. People – whether you call them customers, consumers, clients or users – have come to expect a more authentic, genuinely personalised experience from the brands they choose to interact with.
The right brand experience can help you differentiate from your competitors, develop long term customer relationships and ultimately turn loyal customers into advocates.”
Making this happen calls for a special approach – in helping our clients succeed in developing their brand we are looking for a highly motivated and successful Business Development Manager to grow and develop our business.
We are an award-winning, innovative, customer-driven family business and pride ourselves on exceptional client service. To continue this growth by maintaining existing client relationships and developing new business, we are looking for an exceptional, ambitious sales professional with a passion for prospecting, developing and converting new business opportunities.
The primary goal of a Business Development Manager is to achieve monthly revenue targets by selling our Web development, SEO, PPC, Social and Creative services to new clients.
You will oversee business development initiatives and develop new strategic relationships with the potential to ultimately achieve Director level and invest to become a shareholder in the business.
You will have worked in the digital, creative and branding sectors, and have excellent knowledge of brand engagement, web/software development and digital marketing. Devising creative and innovative solutions for clients are essential to our business, so bringing your fresh ideas are key to success in this role.
Growing our client base, whilst maintaining our excellent customer service will be one of your key roles, hence you will be a self-motivated individual with the ability to work on your own initiative, with ideally a proven track record of at least 3 years in the B2B digital marketplace.
We expect that you will have excellent presentation skills and the ability to respond to tenders, produce proposals and ultimately deliver projects accurately and on time.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is the perfect opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager who is truly ambitious to join this growing, highly reputable organisation and dynamic business, to complement the next phase of our development strategy.
- You will lead the full sales life cycle including lead generation, lead qualification, outreach, through to deal closing
- Take ownership of a monthly new business revenue target
- Create compelling content and marketing campaign initiatives to promote the brand and the business
- Manage and grow your targets through strategic sales techniques
- Initiate action plans to approach and secure new business
- Identify and close new opportunities for growth including upsells, cross sells and referrals
- Conduct video calls or face to face meetings with prospects
- Mobilise and lead the necessary internal resources (i.e, project manager, designers, developers, etc), to prepare for pitch presentations project scoping, proposals and contracts
- Follow up proposals and quotations to secure contracted business
- Negotiate contracts and work with senior management to deliver on signed contracts
- Work with clients transparently to provide sound business strategy, advice and solutions with a commercial understanding that meets their business objectives and generates revenue
- Deliver excellent customer service and build rapport with clients to gain continuous business and referrals.
- Present annual and quarterly sales forecasts and planning to senior management
- Process improvement on existing sales management system, tracking and reviewing key metrics to ensure success through the full sales cycle.
- Contribute to market competitor/pricing intelligence, analytics and strategic recommendations to drive long-term improvements and relationships
- Keep up to date with industry and company trends and developments
Measurement of success
- Achievement of monthly and quarterly management targets
- Develop new business opportunities with clients in new verticals
- Provide weekly updates of progress against targets and strategy to exceed your goals
Experience and Skills
- At least 3 years’ B2B sales experience with a strong track record of selling Digital Marketing services, websites or software solutions is essential
- Highly motivated, target driven individual with strong business acumen, inspiring trust, confidence and enthusiasm
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to explain services to customers in non-technical, simple terms
- Have excellent and demonstrable sales record with proven results from developing and leading new business pitches
- Well-connected with extensive, existing network to leverage from the off
- Ability to self-generate new business through finding your own leads
- Ability to build & maintain strong, lasting business relationships
- Able to create written business development proposals and marketing materials
- Have captivating presentation skills, superb client discourse and interpersonal skills
- Organised and detail oriented when dealing with client scope documents and contracts
- Consultative approach to sales with the ability to portray the core values of the company
- Own car and Full UK driving licence required (with no more than 6 points)
- £32-35,000 plus uncapped commission (£50,000+ OTE)
- Career progression to Director level opportunity
- Shareholding investment opportunity
- Mileage Allowance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Up to 25 days’ Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Free on-site Parking
- Flexible working with work from home/office balance
If this opportunity excites you, then please get in touch to find out more.